RCA remotes can be challenging to use for most users. If you’re facing this same kind of problem, then this is the right type of guide for you. If you’ve been trying to program your RCA universal remote control, then you need a step-by-step guide. There are some different steps that you can follow, depending on the type of remote you have. Some remotes have a code search button and sometimes you already have a device code for the gear you want to pair with your remote.
Programming Tips if Your RCA Universal Remote has a Code Search Button?
If your remote comes with a Code Search Button, then the easiest way to pair your device is by entering the device pair code.
- Find the device code for the type of equipment you want to control. You can find this code in your remote’s manual or use the RCA remote code finder.
- Turn on the equipment you want to pair the remote with.
- Press and hold the Code Search button on the remote.
- While holding the Code Search Button, press the button on the universal remote that matches the equipment you’re trying to pair. The light on your remote will first blink and then become steady.
- Enter your remote code. The light on the remote will turn off.
- Test the remote. Try several functions to make sure everything is working. If everything is working perfectly, then you’re all done. If not, then follow the next step.
If a code doesn’t work, or you were unable to find one for your device, you can use the code search button to try all the possible RCA universal remote codes. Keep the process going until you find a code that works perfectly.
- Turn on the device you want to pair
- Press and hold the Code Search button on the Universal remote control until the light turns on.
- While holding the Code Search button, press the button on the universal remote that matches the equipment you’re pairing. The light will blink one and then become steady.
- Press the power button on the universal remote to send the next code to the device. Keep doing this until the device turns off. This indicates that you’ve found the ideal remote code. If the indicator light blinks four times when you press the power button, it means you’ve tried all the available remote codes. Chances are that the remote probably won’t work with your device.
- Press the enter button on the universal remote to save the device code.
- Test the remote thoroughly to see if everything works perfectly.
Programming Tips if Your RCA Universal Remote Does Not have a Code Search Button?
If your remote does not contain a Code Search Button, the programming process has different steps:
- Turn on the equipment you want to pair.
- Press and hold the button on the universal remote that matches with the device you’re pairing. The light on the remote will blink once and then become steady.
- While holding the device button, press and hold the power button on the universal remote until the light turns off and on.
- Release the power and device buttons. The power button light should stay on to indicate that you are not in pairing mode. If that doesn’t happen, repeat the above-mentioned steps.
- Press the power button on your RCA universal remote to scan the available remote codes. When your equipment turns off, it means you’ve found the right remote code. If the remote’s indicator light blinks four times, it means there are no more codes left to try.
- Press the stop button on your remote to save the pairing code
- Test the remote’s functions to make sure everything works
Reading it may look like a lot of steps, but in reality, the process is quite easy to complete. Once you’ve got the remote working with one device, repeat the same process with other devices in your home. Soon enough, you’ll have one powerhouse of a remote that works with every single device in your home.