You can’t always afford a broadband internet connection. Plus you can’t use a high-speed internet connection while you are on the move. Public WiFi speeds at bus stations, railway stations, and hotels are annoyingly slow. So what do you do when you need high-speed internet to work. In that case, you will have to use a 5G mobile internet connection. Mobile 5G speeds are so much faster today and if you want you can complete important work on your PC without a broadband connection. Want to learn how to share the Internet from your mobile to PC? There are 3 simple ways you can share your mobile data with your PC. You can either learn how to use mobile Internet on PC via USB or how to use Mobile internet on PC without USB or how to use iPhone mobile Internet on PC.
In the earlier days of PC and Mobile internet, people use PC Suite to get internet access to their PC. Today, on the other hand, you can use tons of ways to share the internet from PC to Android Devices.
What is USB Tethering?
Connecting the internet to your PC with your Mobile data via USB may sound like an old method but it is common knowledge that wired internet connections are faster than a wireless connection. Usually, we connect mobile to PC via USB for transferring data but it can be used to share internet connectivity as well.
All you actually need for USB Tethering is:
- A USB Cable
- Mobile phone having internet access
- And a PC or Laptop
How to Use Mobile Internet on PC Via USB?
The steps to connect your Phone internet to your PC via USB are pretty simple. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use Mobile internet on PC Via USB.
1. Connect your PC/Laptop via USB cable to your phone
2. In your phone navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Hotspot & Tethering > Bluetooth Tethering. Turn on the USB Tethering settings.
3. Just confirm if your mobile data is turned on on your phone. Just by doing this, you can use Mobile internet on a PC.
How to Use Mobile Internet on PC Without USB
Bluetooth has been one of the main sources of sharing data and the internet. Bluetooth has come a long way over the years. Today, Bluetooth 5.0 can transfer data with a speed of up to 2 MBPS and it can say connected to distances of up to 800 feet.
The speed you will get with Bluetooth is not that impressive but if you are in the middle of a work emergency then you can use this speed to get your work done with ease. Plus the good thing is that using Bluetooth instead of a USB cable is that you can save battery. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use Mobile internet on a PC without a USB.
1. Go to main settings on your phone
2. Navigate to Settings > Portable Hotspot or Tethering & Hotspot Setting. The settings are based on the smartphone you are using.
3. Turn on the Bluetooth tethering in your smartphone and don’t forget to turn on the data pack. That will allow your phone to share your internet connection with a PC.
4. Make sure your computer has Bluetooth support, that is the only way you can connect to the internet. On your computer, go to the bottom right corner and look for a Bluetooth icon.
5. In Bluetooth & Other devices, select add Bluetooth or other devices then select Bluetooth.
6. Now pair your phone with Windows Once paired go back to the Bluetooth icon at the bottom and join the personal Area Network.
7. Search for the name of your device and right-click on it. Select the Connect option and select the access point.
How To Use iPhone Mobile Internet In PC?
If you don’t have an android device then connecting your phone internet to your PC can be a little complicated. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to connect your PC to your iPhone using a USB Cable?
1. Download the latest version of iTunes for Windows on your PC, install the application and run it.
2. Activate Personal Hotspot on your iPhone. Navigate to settings from your home window and go to Personal Hotspot.
3. Connect your iPhone to your PC via the USB cable. Under the devices tab on the iTunes app, you will see your app listed. If your iPhone is not detected, open Device Manager on your PC > other devices > iPhone. Right-click on it and choose “Update Driver” > Search Automatically. Windows will do the rest of the work for you.
4. On your Computer, the tethered connection will appear as a wired connection. Click on the computer icon in the lower section of the taskbar. You should see a connection named “Network X” to which you should your device be connected to. That is your tethered iPhone device.
Conclusion: Connecting Phone With Computer
You can use the WiFi hotspot if you want to consume your battery quickly. However, you can use Mobile tethering if you are in need of an emergency internet connection. If your WiFi connection isn’t available, using USB tethering is your best choice.