The rise of smartphones has caused a decrease in use in landline home phone service. The best home phone options can be really beneficial if you know how to use them. Landline home phone service offers benefits like low-cost reliability that make having a home phone service very appealing to a lot of customers. Here are the top reasons to have the cheapest landline phone service:
- Better Voice Quality & Reception: Compared to their mobile counterparts, you can often get better signal reception with a landline phone without internet service. The reception is better as it is a hardwired service.
- Faster & More Accurate Responses For 911 Emergencies: As the landline home phone service is already connected to your address, down to your specific apartment number. This means that the 911 operator will already know where to send the help needed.
- Bundle Deals & Savings: Almost all home phone service providers near me offer discounts or double and even triple service bundles. These bundles can be more cost-effective than the basic landline home phone service offers. It is cheaper to share one home phone line with your family than having multiple phone lines for each member of your home.
- Smarter, Connected Home Service: Most home phone service with the internet now have advanced features that can integrate perfectly with other devices in your home.
Here’s a list of the best landline home phone service available all over the country.
Home Phone Service Providers Near Me
|Providers||Starting Price||Cheapest Plan||Calling Coverage||Calling Features|
|AT&T||$22.99 (When bundled with internet)||AT&T Phone Unlimited North America||Unlimited nationwide calling and to Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, U.S Virgin Islands & Northern Marianas||Caller ID & Call Waiting|
|CenturyLink||$23.34||Basic Home Phone||Unlimited nationwide calling||None|
|Cox Communications||$34.99||Voice Premier||Unlimited nationwide calling||14+ Calling features|
|Frontier||$10.00 (When bundled with internet)||Voice Service||Unlimited nationwide calling to Mexico and Canada||20+ Calling features|
|Spectrum||$29.99||Spectrum Voice||Unlimited nationwide calling and to Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, U.S Virgin Islands and More||28+ Calling features|
|Verizon FiOS||$20.00||Digital Voice Unlimited||Unlimited nationwide calling and Canada and Puerto Rico||20+ Calling features|
|Xfinity||$30.00||Xfinity Voice||Unlimited nationwide calling||12+ Calling features|
Can I Have Landline Phone Without Internet Service?
Most of us already have high-speed internet service so if you also want a home phone service, then the main question is “Is it possible to have a landline phone without internet service?”
Let us give you the bad news, it may be difficult to find exactly what you’re looking for if you need one of the cheap landline phone service for seniors. Many providers nowadays home phone service with internet or with TV as an add-on. That doesn’t mean that you can’t get the best landline home phone service as a standalone service. The services are area-specific and very limited. Here are the top options available in your area.
- CenturyLink: Basic Home Phone starting at $23.34/mo
- Cox: Voice Premier starting @ $29.99/mo
- Spectrum: Spectrum Voice Basic service starting @ $29.99/mo
- Verizon FiOS: Digital Voice Unlimited Plan starting @ $20/mo
- Xfinity: Xfinity Voice Local starting @ $34.95/mo
Pros And Cons of Best Home Phone Options
|AT&T Phone||Unlimited calling in U.S, Mexico, Canada and U.S territories. 20+ custom calling features.||Digital phone service must be bundled with Internet & TV. Standalone plans aren’t available.|
|CenturyLink Phone||Local and long distance unlimited plans available. More than 10 calling features on all plans.||Basic Home Phone plan doesn’t include long distance calling.|
|Frontier Phone||Per minute and unlimited plans available. More than 20 brilliant calling features. Unlimited U.S and Canadian Calling with selected bundles.||Standalone plan available in select locations.|
|Spectrum Phone||Standalone phone plans available.No contract required.28 calling features on all plans.||Service is carried through phone line so weather based interference will be there.|
|Verizon FiOS Phone||Features include: Caller ID, Enhanced Call Forwarding, Locate Me, Calender and more.Pair with Verizon Internet & TV for extra savings.||More expensive pricing in comparison to others. No standalone plans are available. Phone service can be bundled with internet or TV.|
|Xfinity Phone||Standalone home phone plans.No contractual obligations.1-year price lock.Talk to Canada, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore & Puerto Rico.||Limited calling features|
Features of Landline Home Phone Service
Most users opt for landline home phone service offers solely because of the features that come along with them. If there were no additional features then there would be no difference between a mobile phone and a landline service.
- Caller ID: Caller ID is one of the most important features of landline home phone service as they show you the name and number of the number calling you.
- Call Waiting: Uses a special tone or message to notify you of an incoming call while you are on another phone call. Home phones allow you to switch between calls without an issue.
- Speed Dialing: You can assign numbers to friends, family, and colleagues to call them in an instant without typing the whole number.
- Call Block: Block calls from specific phone numbers and callers like telesales calls and spam calls.
- Do Not Disturb: You can control the time you receive phone calls and prevent unwanted interruptions if you are working.
- Call Forwarding: Redirects your incoming call to a local or a long-distance number. For instance, you can forward your home phone calls to your smartphone while you are outside.
- Busy Redial or *66: When you receive a busy signal, you can use this feature to automatically redial the number for up to 30 minutes and alert you when the line is free.
- Three-Way Calling: You can have a conference call by adding a third party to your conversation. This feature allows you to talk with 2 people at once. Such as your colleagues.
- VIP/Priority Ringing/Distinctive Ring: users can choose a special ringtone for a particular person. That way you can know who’s calling without even picking up the phone.
Digital vs Analog Home Landline Phone
Landline home phone service comes in multiple shapes and sizes. All across the telephone networks, the home phone service providers have shifted to a digital dialing method. Regardless of the change in technology, users can choose between a digital phone and an analog phone.
- A Hardwired Digital Connection: Traditional home phone service providers like AT&T and Verizon use the traditional phone cords that transmit your voice call all over the country. With a newer phone, you can take advantage of all the advanced features offered by the wire.
- A VOIP Connection: As delivered by companies like Cox, Xfinity, and Time Warner, it uses a device called Analog Telephone Adapter to router your calls through your internet modem. This allows your phone call data to come with all the internet enhanced properties such as Universal caller ID.
- A Satellite Connection: Same as satellite TV, satellite internet providers like HughesNet also use VOIP service to offer all the benefits of a landline home phone to you even in the most remote corners of the country.